Updated 27 November
Services on Sundays and Wednesdays are no longer being held, due to the Tier 4 restrictions. Our Sunday service will still be held via Zoom. Please contact the office by email if you would like to be part of our Zoom service and a link will be sent to you.
CHRISTINGLE – We are really sad that our Christingle service, one we have over 170 people attending, cannot be run this year. We are still exploring ways to hold some kind of family Christmas service, perhaps carol service outside, but this is not proving easy for us. We will keep you posted on this page or on our welcome page.
December – All Sunday services are Holy Communion at present.
During these difficult times as we all grapple with the control of the Covid virus we have had to amend our service pattern, so it is not as set out below, (beside the picture of our Dorcas (also known as Tabitha) window). We have found that with so many people accessing our service through Zoom that Holy Communion (of a ‘spiritual’) kind has been the best way for us to worship together. So at present all the services include the sharing of bread together, wherever we may be. The Church of England guidance on Spiritual Communion starts by telling us:-
“The term ‘Spiritual Communion’ has been used historically to describe the means of grace by which a person, prevented for some serious reason from sharing in a celebration of the Eucharist, nonetheless shares in the communion of Jesus Christ.”
Usually, that was before Covid-19 struck, most of our Sundays during the month were different in style – however we are always relaxed and informal. We meet at 10.30am
- First Sunday is Holy Communion
- Second is All Age – where the whole family comes together
- Third Sunday is again Holy Communion
- Fourth Sunday is our Breakfast Church, not in organised rows but round tables ‘Cafe Style’. It is topic led, attempting to understand how our Christian faith should shape our thinking on current issues.
- For the Breakfast service we have breakfast together from 9.45am in the Lounge.
- Fifth Sundays are again All Age
- Children have their own worship activities on the first, third and fourth Sundays in the Hall. (But for Holy Communion they join us before that part of the service starts.)
We meet together on Wednesday for Holy Communion at 10.00am
The Wednesday is a said service, (no hymns or songs) of Holy Communion. Again it is a friendly relaxed service, as is our style