Updated 27 November
We are starting services again, however, as before, prior booking is required. Please contact the office by email if you would like to attend. Numbers are limited.
The first and third Sundays will be Holy Communion (in one kind only). The second Sunday is All Age family service and priority will be given to families. Please book or let Emma know via the Starblazers App.
During these difficult times as we all grapple with the control of the Covid virus we have had to amend our service pattern, so it is not as set out below, (beside the picture of our Dorcas (also known as Tabitha) window). We have found that with so many people accessing our service through Zoom that Holy Communion (of a ‘spiritual’) kind has been the best way for us to worship together. So at present all the services include the sharing of bread together, wherever we may be. The Church of England guidance on Spiritual Communion starts by telling us:-
“The term ‘Spiritual Communion’ has been used historically to describe the means of grace by which a person, prevented for some serious reason from sharing in a celebration of the Eucharist, nonetheless shares in the communion of Jesus Christ.”
Usually, that was before Covid-19 struck, most of our Sundays during the month were different in style – however we are always relaxed and informal. We meet at 10.30am
- First Sunday is Holy Communion
- Second is All Age – where the whole family comes together
- Third Sunday is again Holy Communion
- Fourth Sunday is our Breakfast Church, not in organised rows but round tables ‘Cafe Style’. It is topic led, attempting to understand how our Christian faith should shape our thinking on current issues.
- For the Breakfast service we have breakfast together from 9.45am in the Lounge.
- Fifth Sundays are again All Age
- Children have their own worship activities on the first, third and fourth Sundays in the Hall. (But for Holy Communion they join us before that part of the service starts.)
We meet together on Wednesday for Holy Communion at 10.00am
The Wednesday is a said service, (no hymns or songs) of Holy Communion. Again it is a friendly relaxed service, as is our style